Thursday, September 16, 2010

She Dissed a Boy...

Katy Perry seems to be everywhere these days. Personally, I think she's catchy. In fact, I tried to boycott both Katy Perry and Taylor Swift, but found it nearly impossible. I'd have a song stuck in my head that I didn't really know because I'd only heard it in the background at work (I don't listen to the radio). Come to find out, it's Katy Perry singing in my head. Oh, and that fan video that I love so much? Yeah, that background music is Love Story by Taylor Swift. Guess it just goes to show how hard it is to get away from mainstream music.

Anyway, two days ago, Perry organized a free concert for her old high school, Dos Pueblos High School in Santa Barbara CA. During the concert, she called out an old classmate who she claimed never wanted to date her. Unfortunately, her diss fell short of her desired effect. The boy, Shane Lopes, couldn't care less. He's now engaged to his high school sweetheart and couldn't be happier.

Just goes to show that Skater Boi syndrome is something that famous people make up to make themselves feel more important, although Perry fans think that Lopes just wasn't about to admit how he really felt. I'm not so sure about that one, I mean, who would want an attention seeking, barely clothed "Christian girl gone wild" as their fiancee? Unless of course they were equally as hot a flash in the pan of stardom. Just ask the people at Go Fug Yourself what they think of Perry- they sure have a lot to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment