Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween 2KX

I have to say, I'm apparently a little behind the times, and it sucks finding out through the medium of Halloween costumes. While I was perfecting my Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany's ensemble, the rest of the world was busy getting square-tip manicures and planning out how to best glue meat to their bodies for Halloween 2KX. That's right folks- the most 'original' costumes this year go to . . . drumroll please- SNOOKI and LADY GAGA. As dictated by just about every pop culture website and news media in the United States. Oh, so original.

Top costumes of 2010? Well, Avatars (the blue ones, not to be confused with the Japanese ones) are a big seller this year, as are vampires and characters from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. These three categories make it onto the list of top mens, women's, couples, and kids popular costumes.

It's getting so un-original that there have been videos made predicting the crowd at this year's parties. And from what I've seen of my friends Facebook pictures so far, this video is dead on. Even Regis and Kelly are getting in on the fun of making fun of this year's costume choices.

How about trying something really original? Or, if that's asking too much for the girls, something thats just not skanky. My boyfriend's mom picked up a whole set of Wizard of Oz costumes for our group of friends, but unfortunately the Dorothy dress just wasn't low cut or short enough to be deemed socially acceptable by my friends. Where did this obsession with dressing up as

While we're on the subject, check out Nat. Geo.'s history of Halloween breakdown. Pretty interesting stuff.

But, if you're like the rest of America and just want to be 'creative,' here's a how-to guide for becoming a Snookie. But what is Snookie going to be? A pickle of course. I just hope I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment